Community Forum

New SB8200 Inconsistent Speed

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

New SB8200 Inconsistent Speed

I just replaced an SB6190 that worked flawlwssly (long story) with an SB8200. My speeds (tested with a wired connection) are all over the place. I have 250/20 service and usually test a bit under my promised download but the speedtest always starts choppy. I have not been able to get over 16 upload even though the 6190 consistently tested betwwen 24 and 26. Comcast has provisioned my modem 3 different times and insists it's fine - they refer me to the manufacturer. The manufacturer insists my uploads are poor because there are only 3 bonded upload channels. I have also begun to see many errors, mostly but not all corrected. Tomorrow is the last day I can return this modem if it is defective. Can someone please let me know if these problems are a result of a bad modem or another problem? Im assuming my wiring is ok since I had no connection issues with the SB6190. Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: New SB8200 Inconsistent Speed

Hi @mfp123

Your power levels look fine. I don't have a clue what Arris is talking about, there is nothing at all wrong with three upstream channels -- all of Comcast's system is 3 or 4 channels. It's more than adequate.

Can you post your event log pls?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!