Community Forum

New Router, Issues with Tablets/Apps

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

New Router, Issues with Tablets/Apps

A few weeks ago we had a technician out who upgraded our router to the a few weeks ago we had a technician out who upgraded our router to the TG1682G. After, I set up our Xfi and log into a router to setup parental controls by blocking certain words/websites. 

Since that time, while our laptops are not having an issue, we have been having issues with apps that access the internet. On our Roku, I had to log into a router and turn off parental controls, before it would allow WWE Network to stream, go Netflix and Amazon Prime did not have an issue. For our Android tablet, I had to log into the router and turn off the firewall completely before any game apps that are multiplayer, like The Sims Mobile, would work. Turning off the firewall does make me nervous.

Plus, for all of our Apple iPad devices, we cannot download or upgrade any new apps, or the software. We have tried getting as close to the router as possible, turning off parental controls, making them trusted devices, resetting the router, and restarting the devices. We were not having any issues before the router was upgraded and no settings on the devices have been changed. The iPads are not having any with their internet connection. I cannot figure this one out and they need apps updated for school, so it's a problem.

How can I make our devices work properly again?

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Router, Issues with Tablets/Apps

I've been doing some research and I don't understand all of the settings on this router, but could one of these have something to do with it?

• 20180324_141710.png20180324_141531.png
Frequent Visitor

Re: New Router, Issues with Tablets/Apps

It is definitely an issue with our router or a setting on our router. I connected to our neighbors xfinitywifi, which had a 2-bar connection, instead of a 4-bar connection, and even though it was slow, everything is working now. I do not want to have to use our neighbor's internet, when we are paying for internet service and renting a router in our own home, so how do I get our router to allow us to access internet game apps and download apps from the Apple App Store?