Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Need to see current sizes of email folders...

Contributor

Need to see current sizes of email folders...

My Comcast email was switched to the new format today (12/15/17). In the old format, hovering over or right-clicking on any of the folders in the inbox folder hierarchy on the left of the screen would display the then-current size of the folder in GB or MB. Now, all that is displayed is just the number of emails in the folder - not the folder's current size. Right clicking brings up a folder "Properties" option - but it too only displays the number of emails in the folder - not the folder's current size in GB or MB. Current folder sizes are needed for users to properly manage email storage! Is there still a way to see current folder sizes?

Expert

Re: Need to see current sizes of email folders...

I can't find any way to do what you describe on a per folder basis.  You can check the total size of your account though by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page.  I checked in my Outlook.com and Gmail accounts, and they don't have the ability to list folder size either.

Contributor

Re: Need to see current sizes of email folders...

Thank you for your reply, Latoque. I did find the way to check for the percentage of the total email useage by clicking on the "gear" icon in the upper right corner - and I suppose it is more important to still be able to find that number than it is to still be able to find the size in GB or MB of any of the individual folders, but it nevertheless is disappointing when existing features are removed, especially features which I did regularly use...