Community Forum

Need tech visit to upgrade to gigabyte internet?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Need tech visit to upgrade to gigabyte internet?

I just upgraded my ppackage to one that has gigabyte internet. As of yet it's only been a couple of hours but the new package is still not showing on the website. Also do they really need to send a tech to the house just to push a config file to my modem? It a docsis 3.1 modem netgeat cm1000 so it just needs to be provisioned for the new speed, I would rather it get done sooner rather then later. Also  the new package includes Netflix do I have to call comcast to transfer over my existing netflix account?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Need tech visit to upgrade to gigabyte internet?

I ordered the Gig plan on Tuesday (5-14-18) and went and swaped my modem out at the xfinity store the next day because I needed a DOCSIS 3.1 modem/Gateway ...... went home and installed the modem and called xfinity and they provisioned the modem and I have been surfing happily ever since. 

Maybe worth it to call back and ask 

I have heard of instances where a tech visit/install was necessary because of line problems 

Frequent Visitor

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing but it's still not showing up that I have the gigabyte plan yet it still says Blast, but I might try to give them a call tomorrow anyway just to try it.

Expert

@Skeeterslint667,

Any changes to your account such as a change in speed tier should show up immediately. 

Netflix: Go to On Demand > Networks > Netflix. It will prompt you for your account info.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've signed in and out of netflix multiple times, powercycled the box and sent a refresh from the website it hasn't asked me to transfer over my netflix account yet also the website as of about 20 minutes ago is still only showing blast as my internet tier.

Frequent Visitor

The same goes for internet I have restarted the modem and done a factory reset and i am still on Blast speed. It's like the package upgrade isn't gonna happen till the tech visit next week.

Frequent Visitor

So I called tech support today and the reason why nothing is showing up on the account page is what I expected, it's not gonna show up until the tech visit next week. Stupid as I think it is it's what I figured.

Expert

@Skeeterslint667 wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing but it's still not showing up that I have the gigabyte plan yet it still says Blast, but I might try to give them a call tomorrow anyway just to try it.

FYI, when I upgraded to gigabit from Blast Pro, my account showed Blast Pro as my speed tier for months before it was finally changed to Gigabit (although my bill showed the extra $50, now $15, for the gigabit upgrade).

As it didn't affect my actual speeds at all, I didn't pay it much attention. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Well they are holding the extra channels I got in the new package too, that's what I was wondering about. I have no problem with a tech visit if they really wanna check things over but really they should just upgrade the package even before the tech gets here. But it's a new service I am sure they want to make sure everything is up to snuff before turning it on. No real reason why they can't upgrade to the package even before the tech comes out though.

Expert

Yeah, I remember waiting a few days for the technician to install gigabit at my place, and feeling immensely impatient (I had balked at the tech visit to begin with), so you'll get no argument from me there. Cat LOL 

Frequent Visitor

After the problems I had a couple years back I'm solid from the new tap they put up all the way to the modem, new drop, spliters and coax all the way.

Official Employee

Hey Skeeterslint667, 

I know it may be frustrating having to wait for the new changes to become effective. As you said earlier in this post, we would need to send the technician to make sure you are getting the speeds you will be paying for. I'd like to follow up with you after your visit to make sure everything goes ok. Is that ok with you? 

Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No thanks, they really should provision things for the package that was ordered and send a truck out if it's needed afterwards. I feel it's more of a money grab charging an install fee for something that may or may not need it.

Official Employee

Sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. We would have to have the package started after the work is completed by the tech to make sure we can provide the services you are requesting. Feel free to reach out if you need us in the future.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.