Community Forum

Need some Help.....

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Need some Help.....

So, I've been doing a little bit of research and have found out that the comcast supplied modem/router that I have is horrible. I have the Arris tg852. So I know I have to go out and buy my own router and put the modem in bridge mode but I want to know is

1. How easy is it too do? Is it just plug and play for the most part?

2. If it is a dual band router will I be able to take advantage of both of the bands?

New Poster

Re: Need some Help.....

Any help at all?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Need some Help.....

Once you have the Arris in bridge mode, it is simply a case of connecting the Internet (WAN) port of your new router tothe Arris (Ithink you plug the connecting ethernet cable into LAN port 1 of the Arris).

Then connect a PC to any one of the LAN posts on your new router, and boot up the router, then the PC.At that point you should be connected to the internet.

If you are going to use WiFi follow one of the sticky guides at the top of this board for instructions for your Windows OS version. Configure your WiFi on the router using an ethernet connected PC..once you have all your WiFi settings, you can connect a wireless device....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon