Community Forum

Need help with IPv6 settings for my ASUS RT-AC3100 Router & a Question on my Arris SB8200 Modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Need help with IPv6 settings for my ASUS RT-AC3100 Router & a Question on my Arris SB8200 Modem

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is a setting other than "NATIVE," for IPv6 in my ASUS RT-AC3100 Router? IPv6 continues to cut out every few days. Reconnecting simply requires logging into the Router, and reapplying what are now empty fields Native setting. I also assumed, given the DHCP Prefix Delegation is active, why it would not auto-config the IPv6 prefixes and addresses on both the routers and hosts, thereby initiating the change (which is what I've been doing manually each time I hit APPLY. I've include an attachment which shows the 1 NIC on my Motherboard with both bands and this is immediately after I hit apply. The rest of the attachment shows the other settings. Note, the router is not setup as an AiMesh node. My question on the modem is probably silly, but I was wondering, since it has two Ethernet Ports and my Workstation has two NICs, if I turn on Dual WAN and plug a Cable from my Second NIC, directly to the second Ethernet Port of the Modem, is it possible to setup Load Balancing? I realize aggregation, or teaming would not work, but I was wondering if anyone who uses the Arris SB8200 has ever attempted Dual WAN? Thank you.