Community Forum

Need help on Win 10 Machine with new Gig Speed Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Need help on Win 10 Machine with new Gig Speed Service

I upgraded to Xfinity Gig Speeds today. All but one of my computers are downloading between 750Mbps to 950Mbps which is fine. Upload is at 40Mbps. But, I have this one Windows 10 machine that won't download above 120 - 130Mbps. I have updated drivers, switched cables, ran TCP Optimizer, Removed from device manager then reinstalled. I have thrown everything I know at it but no change. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really feel it is somehow a TCP setting problem. Before today I was on the 200Mbps plan and I was getting speeds of 240Mbps on this machine. I have the XB6 Gateway in bridge mode. I know it's not my router because the other machines are working. I know it's not a Comcast issue.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Expert

Re: Need help on Win 10 Machine with new Gig Speed Service

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

No no, sorry didn't mention this earlier.  This is hardwired.  And I have tried going directly from the Gateway to the PC with the same issue.  I found an old PCI GB Card and swapped that in and the speeds went right up to 400.  I have to wait for the non peak hour to get a true reading.  But a question to other with the Gig Service, does your speed fluctuate so wildly.  You do a test on a server 1 min and your speeds are great then go back 5 mins later and they are cut in half?

Expert

FWIW, that would have been among my next questions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!