Community Forum

Need help getting MAC changed in Xfinity system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Need help getting MAC changed in Xfinity system

@cowcatcher I let the admin know about your PM issues. You might want to try again to PM @ComcastAmir

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it was.

Diamond Problem Solver

@cowcatcher wrote:

Originally it was the WAN MAC I gave, not the HFC.

That's the wrong one.

Diamond Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@cowcatcher wrote:

Oh thank you! That sounds great, and I've tried to PM you but the PM page doesn't show me anything -- there's a blank box just below the 'Private Messages' header and that's that. Can you email me and I can give you the info you asked for?

Do a "hover" over his name; there should be a "Send Message" in red.

Poster had under 5 posts here. Is that a factor ?

Frequent Visitor

Originally it was the WAN MAC I gave, not the HFC.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, when I clicked on it I was sent to the "Private Messages" page but couldn't do anything (ref:image). I did a lot of cut/paste/opening multiple windows to finally get the "Send To," "Message Subject," and "Message Body"

XFinity_PM.png
Silver Problem Solver

@cowcatcher wrote:

Oh thank you! That sounds great, and I've tried to PM you but the PM page doesn't show me anything -- there's a blank box just below the 'Private Messages' header and that's that. Can you email me and I can give you the info you asked for?

Do a "hover" over his name; there should be a "Send Message" in red.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Official Employee

Hello cowcatcher, I can assist you with getting your modem registered in our system. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Diamond Problem Solver

Was it the RF / HFC / CM MAC that was used and not the WAN MAC address ?

Frequent Visitor

Well, thank you very much for that boost! Smiley Happy

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

Need help getting MAC changed in Xfinity system

Like many others, I was tired when I read off my MAC addy to the customer service person and picked the wrong one (my Arris all-in-one has two). Now I can't access the internet though 5 customer service folk have said I should be good. Can't get to most sites. Can't stream on Roku. Read that I should contact @ComcastJohnN ( to have him change the backend. Can't PM him out of the blue so am posting this to get help (from him or any other awesome customer service person). Please, ComcastJohnN (or other nice helpful person) help me and save my sanity!!!