Community Forum

Must Reset Router after power outage

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Must Reset Router after power outage

Can someone please explain to me, why I have to reset my router after a power outage? I have exchanged the router at least 3-4 times, and even bought a battery backup. Yet every time I have an outage, I have to physcially reset(factory wipe) my router and jump through all kinds of hoops to get it back online? I as checking with my friends and they don't seem to have this issue. I have the "ARRIS TG862" version.

It's very frustrating. No one can seem to fix it so that when the power comes back on my internet comes back on to my custom settings without me doing a factory reset and jumping though all these hoops.

Am I the only household that has this issue?

Thanks,

Mike B

Expert

Re: Must Reset Router after power outage

FWIW, that is an older XB1 model device. If you are renting it from them, you may want to consider having them swap it out for one of their newer and better performing XB3 models.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Must Reset Router after power outage

All is good, and I do have the DPC3941T. When I left the house it was not working and I just checked about 2.5 hours later and it's back up and running without me fussing with it this time.

So I guess I have to give it time to settle down and back to where it's usable. Seems any time without internet is a long time and it might have come back online before 2.5 hours, but it took me that long to check again.

All is good,

Thanks.