Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Moving saved emails to a disc

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Moving saved emails to a disc

I would like to move a saved file of 123 entries onto a disc, The file is on my email page saved under mailboxes.  Is it possible that this can be done.  The are just to many entries saved here and I'd like to have some empty space to save.  These  emails are part proof of purchase emails that I can go back to for proof of purchasing and when they ware made. If you have any other suggestions on how I could possible do anything with these e mails  I would greatly appreciate all  suggestions,.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Moving saved emails to a disc

To save emails on your computer or an external drive, you would need to enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.  There is no way to save webmail directly to an external drive or the computer.  

All Replies
Expert

To save emails on your computer or an external drive, you would need to enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.  There is no way to save webmail directly to an external drive or the computer.  

New Poster

Latoque

I wish to thank you for your reply to my question.  I am not computer savey so I probably won't be able to do anything about these.  I do however appreciate your taking the time and effort to reply to my query so quickly.  Thank you.