Community Forum

Moving out of Comcast area.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Moving out of Comcast area.

97angels wrote:

Will family need to get new email addresses now that we're moving out of area and Comcast service will be terminated?  Also, virus, etc. protection -- will that continue or do we need to make other coverage?

You can continue to use your email addresses if you'd like.  However, you will need to find a different AV program because the one you're using with Comcast is tied to your account.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

Re: Moving out of Comcast area.

Actually, I was about to post similar questions.  If we move to another state and Comcast services are not available at the new location, what happens to our existing primary Comcast email address?  I assume we would not be able to use it, since we wouldn't have a Comcast account or Internet services any more.  But can that email address be assigned to someone else later?  The latter could prove to be a nightmare if true.

Edit: It looks like you can keep your existing Comcast account as long as you use it on occasion.  I probably wouldn't register any online accounts with that email address after a move, but it does give someone time to get those accounts re-registered with a new email address.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/using-email-only/

Highlighted
New Poster

Moving out of Comcast area.

Will family need to get new email addresses now that we're moving out of area and Comcast service will be terminated?  Also, virus, etc. protection -- will that continue or do we need to make other coverage?