Community Forum

Moved an email to Inbox, but it disappeared instead

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Moved an email to Inbox, but it disappeared instead

Today I found a 9/12/17 email in a folder where I shunt certain low-importance mail via a filter rule.  But I wanted that email to be in the Inbox instead, so I selected Move to Inbox.  Then I went to the Inbox to ensure it was there, but it wasn't.  I checked the Trash to ensure I didn't inadvertently discard it, but it wasn't in Trash (I even looked at recoverable items within Trash).  I then looked through every folder I have but still didn't see it.  I tried logging back out and logging back in, and it's still not there.

Why would the email simply disappear after I gave the command to move it to the Inbox?  Any ideas on anything I can try?  This particular email isn't terribly important, but seeing this kind of behavior is a little unnerving.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: Moved an email to Inbox, but it disappeared instead

When you move an email like that, it will be sorted in the original chronological order in the destination folder.  So did you scroll all the way down to September to see if it's there?  Did you run a search of the Inbox for it?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

(Posted in error, please ignore or mod delete.)

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

So did you scroll all the way down to September to see if it's there?  Did you run a search of the Inbox for it?

Yes on both counts.

However, I found it today, in another folder.  So either I made mistakes (e.g., moving it to the another folder instead of the Inbox and then skipping that one when searching), or (less likely) something was behaving oddly.  But thanks for the reply.