Community Forum

Modem offline

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Modem offline

I was having some issues again, and I installed this amplifier on the left. Working how. Any chance you can check my system again?
Regular Visitor

That third box isn’t currently hooked up, so everything is working then. The set up is line from box into house connected to a two way splitter, then - line goes to a 3 way splitter. If I replace with an amp pictured I would have only one line into one splitter, then I can connect all the lines. I replaced the two way splitter a couple hours ago, that seemed to have helped a bit.
Official Employee

Whatever you did, gained 8 dB back but still sitting at 54 dB, still considered out of spec tho. 2 out of 3 X1 boxes are showing online and also at a 54db. If you ever get a tech out, remove all splitters and add an amp (pictured) and you should be improved even more.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
98D9C167-86B3-40A4-ABA2-A062411CC59D.jpeg
Regular Visitor

I just sent it to you via PM.
Regular Visitor

Modem was offline most of the day, I looked and it turns out there is not a splitter I could remove. I replaced a two way splitter for the heck of it, and the modem went online within a couple of minutes. Do you see anything different?
Official Employee

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Official Employee

You won’t know until you actually have a tech out to diagnose. The upstream levels that you have would certainly keep your modem from connecting properly
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

It went out again today, took 5-6 resets to get it going again. Is the problem outside of my house? I didn’t have this problem for close to 5 years.
Official Employee

If that’s the case it’s possible it’s a combination of splitters and outside plant but whatever the cause the upstream power needs to drop by 10-12 dB. I’ve escalated up to a colleague to help get a tech scheduled if that’s the route you want to take

Regular Visitor

I appear to have some splitters coming from the outside line into the house, from the original install. Other than that, nothing has been changed since the original install.
Official Employee

Your modem’s upstream is way too high and out of specs, and is struggling to connect (62.5db), looks like your X1 boxes are also affected ( they’re showing unresponsive). See if there are any extra splitters you can remove, if not you may need a tech out to troubleshoot further

Regular Visitor

Modem offline

Picked up a new modem two weeks ago, couldn’t get it online, then it started working. Works for a week at a time, then goes offline. Went offline again today after a week of no issues. Tried resets a dozen times, no luck. Seems to be the upstream gets stuck.