Community Forum

Modem Restart Unavailable. Why?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Modem Restart Unavailable. Why?

mb129 -- If there's an issue in your area or the modem is offline, the reset won't work. I can look at your account from here and see if there are any issues with your modem or signals if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Expert

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Silver Problem Solver

How re you trying to restart?  Which Comcast modem do you have?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Modem Restart Unavailable. Why?

Our internet is out for the fourth time today. I keep trying the online recycle and it won't work. What are some reasons for this? We have tv and phone.