Community Forum

Mobile Hotspot

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Mobile Hotspot

Hello, We have been having issues since we had Xfinity installed less than 6 months ago. Our Mobile Hotspot WiFi is "turned off", however, xfinity WiFi Hotspot will toggle back and forth from our internet to the xfinity WiFi hotspot.

My question is, if you do not have mobile hotspot turned on, should there be a hotspot even set up? 

I am getting no where with support. I honestly believe our account has been compromised. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: Mobile Hotspot

Polly__Holly, 

I'm a little uncertain what you're referring to when you mention mobile hotspot. 

Are you referring to mobile hotspot on your device where you can tether the internet connection on your mobile device to another? 

Or are you referring to mobile hotspot, as a wireless wiFi network you can connect to, publicly. 

My question is, if you do not have mobile hotspot turned on, should there be a hotspot even set up? 

If you're referring a tethered hotspot from your mobile device, you cannot connect to WiFi while that is enabled. 

If you're referring to a mobile public hotspot, you will automatically connect to hotspots you have connected to in the past. If you are using an XFINITY or xfinitywifi hotspot that you've connected to once in another location, they will auto connect. 

Hope I understood your question. 

KenF

New Poster

Re: Mobile Hotspot

I am not using a mobile hotspot. Someone, I believe has connected mini wifi adapter to our sysyem via hacking, this is making the xfinity WiFi toggle back and forth. We have no control over what connection we connect to. It's been an issue since our install. I just received a message that connection is not secure. I should not enter sensitive information on this site, passwords, credit cards, because they could be stolen by attackers.
20180706_182548.jpg