Community Forum

MoCA on the TG1682G Modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: MoCA on the TG1682G Modem

Why do you need splitter 1? Asking because I'm going a similar route but want to use the Actiontec WCB6200Q02? Was thinking the TG1682G with integral MoCA support over the one coax attachment to the remote end where the splitter for the X1 STB and Actiontec device makes sense. 

New Poster

I just got an MM1000 to connect a non-wifi device and had the darndest time setting it up.  I can confirm that original poster's setup is the only way to get this working.  You only need one MM1000 to connect to the built-in MoCA in the router.  The trick is that you can't use the device port to connect an X1 STB.  You MUST have a splitter to connect the X1 STB and MM1000 directly to the coax line.  The current setup I have working is:

HDTV Adapter --->  Splitter 1 --->coax in walls---->Splitter 2---->MM1000

TG1682G -------------^                                                            |--->X1 STB       

Tags (3)
Contributor

Did you have to leave the MM1000 on the TG1682G or does it now run without it attached there?

Regular Visitor

Update:  I got a second MM1000, and installed it successfully at the TG1682G.  Computer connected with the same speed as before and WiFi from the TG1682G as good also.  Connecting the remote end, I still experienced the same failure as before.  I called Motorola again and this time after two-way questioning finally got it resolved.  What I did not perceive from the Motorola "Quickstart" guide was that after connecting the coax drop to the "Network" jack of the MM1000, nothing can be connected to the "Device" jack of the unit.  In other words, you now have a LAN port on this unit, and that's all.  I was about to ask, "so how do I connect it back to my cable box?" when the answer popped into my head and I asked him. "so in other words, I need a coax splitter on the cable drop, one output to the MM1000 and one to the cable box"?  He said yes, and that is what makes it work properly.  Cable box now functioning properly and good LAN output.

Regular Visitor

MoCA on the TG1682G Modem

Does anyone have any late info on using the MoCA feature with the TG1682G?  I have read about the "whitelisting" approach.  I bought one Motorola MM1000 MoCA adaptor with the hope that it would be all I needed.  i connected it at my big screen TV between the coax and the cable box, and connected the ethernet cable to the BlueRay player.  Not only does it not get a steady link, it prevented the cable box from properly seeing the Xfinity signal.  I talked to Motorola and they said despite the fact that Comcast is MoCA enabled, I still need an MM1000 at the modem LAN end for it to work.  I have a total of four TV's and would like to be LAN-enabled at each one without paying an arm and a leg to an electrician to hardwire CAT5e.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S.  This was yesterday.  Looking at the Comcast Gateway, MoCA is still enabled.  I had to remove the MM1000 unit in order to get the cable box to function again.