Community Forum

Mixer FTL Streaming & Gigabit Internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Mixer FTL Streaming & Gigabit Internet

Since upgrading to Xfinity's Gigabit plan, I haven't been able to use Mixer's FTL service. Streams used to be great and now not only can I not stream, but my Internet as a whole goes down when I try to stream using FTL. The game lags so bad that it becomes unplayable. I'm unable to use the Internet on other devices and this issue only started since upgrading to the Gigabite plan.

Solutions I've Tried:

• I've tried port forwarding and haven't been able to fix it. If anybody could help I'd appreciate it.
  • I've purchased my own router and it works with FTL, but my down/up go from 950/40 to 80/10.
  • Multiple chats and phone calls with Tech Support. Usually just ends with them resetting my modem.
  • Tech agents coming to my house and having me switch out modems. I've tried with 4 different modems.

Here's a post of somebody with the issue that switch modems: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-Interent-Upload-Speed-Getting-Throttled-When...

Here's another post with the same problem: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-Internet-Unable-to-Stream-to-Mixer-Possible-...

I have to believe that somebody at Xfinity is able to help. The only solution can't be to get a modem outside of Xfinity's... right?

New Poster

Re: Mixer FTL Streaming & Gigabit Internet

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

New Poster

Nope. I wish man. If you find anything, please let me know. 

New Poster

FTL streaming is throttled via Comcast. Replacing the xfinity modem with a third party one will fix it, but until then, the problem is on Comcasts end, and unlikely we see a fix anytime soon, due to Comcast being worse than Hitler.