Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Missing Blob

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Missing Blob

Hello! I need help finding my missing blobs. All my emails beyond 10 days ago give me the message "Missing blob..." I've cleared the cache, history, etc., tried different browsers, etc but nothing seems to work. Comcast Chat support does not seem to be aware of any fixes (or problems) but it seems that there may be some answers somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Expert

Re: Missing Blob

This usually indicates a corrupted email in the account.  You can't fix it yourself, so I'm escalating it to the forum admins for follow-up.

Official Employee

Hello Videomaker. I can assist with the email issue that you've been experiencing. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

New Poster

Starting last night all emails prior to midnight (new, read, sent, deleted) say "Missing blob for item ..." in the body of the email. New emails after that are ok. How do I recover all of that content? My work is crippled without access to that data.
New Poster

Email

Two emails I have received were blank except for message "Missing Blob for item 604065" They were also missing attachments

Regular Visitor

Missing Blob

When opening email I'm getting a Missing Blob for item # message instead of the email. How do I fix this and recover my email?
New Poster

Missing Blob

I've noticed many have had this problem in the past, i.e., getting a "Missing Blob for item 620258" type message instead of the email message.  WELL...It's never happened to me before, but it started happening today (10/14/17). 

SO COMCAST!!!  PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM...it's REDICULOUS!!!!!

Contributor

Missing Blob

Just happened to me today as well!!   There does not seem to be any help from Comcast on this.  I cannot find any solution for past problems and the "solved" just takes you in circles. 

New Poster

Same problem here. Started today. My emails keep coming up with Missing Blob and then an item #. I can't get any work done. Has anyone found a solution?

New Poster

Missing blob message in some of my email messages

I have a message that says, "Missing blob" and then a number in many of my emails, but only on my laptop - my phone email acct is fine.  What is happening???

Frequent Visitor

Help please missing blob

All of my emails say missing blob. Or I get a spinning blue ball.  Please help.

New Poster

Missing Blob for item 706655

Can't open any emails.  Keep getting the message:  "Missing Blob for item 706655".  Please help.

New Poster

Missing Blob for item 2118934

Missing Blob for item 2118934  Not able to read emails getting this message.

Contributor

Missing Blob

It is now messing up my Microsoft Office Outlook email account trying to download continually.  I was able to open it in my web based Comcast email account so I know what it said.  Here is what is appearing in my Outlook email client when I check the error message.   If COMCAST is monitoring this board - please tell us how to fix this problem.

:Blob #732216.png

Regular Visitor

Email says missing blob

Some of emails say missing blob
New Poster

I'm replying to my own posting because the problem resolved w/i 1/2 hour of me reporting it.

Sorry I didn't update this post sooner.

I still have no idea what caused this to occur.  The only thing that I did prior to this happening that was out of the ordinary is that I did a FULL SYSTEM scan using Norton.  Scanned almost 3 million items and no problems were identified.  Don't know how this could affect email account, but I'm sure my emails were also scanned.

So that's all I've got for now.

Thanks....   SoberSenior

New Poster

I have the same issue. Please let me know how it was fixed.
Contributor

Missing Blob

Apparently you just need to give Comcast time on this one.  The problem now seems to be gone and all emails that were not readable before now are.  Maybe Comcast is in fact monitoring this site!!   I certainly hope so.