Community Forum

Metered Data

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Metered Data

@Scorpioelvn wrote:

I'm using a laptop

If it is a Win10 laptop, the instructions apply to you.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I'm using a laptop

Diamond Problem Solver

@Scorpioelvn wrote:

I am receiving notification that some of my upgrades can't download because I'm on metered data. Why? My internet is part of my bundle and I never had this issue before.

If you are using Windows 10, and if this is a WiFi connection, single click on the WiFi icon in the system tray on the lower right. Now click on "Properties". On the next "Settings" screen you'll see a button for toggling the "Metered Connection" feature on and off. If it's set to on, click it to off.

Silver Problem Solver

@Scorpioelvn wrote:

I am receiving notification that some of my upgrades can't download because I'm on metered data. Why? My internet is part of my bundle and I never had this issue before.

Win 10 has a meter setting.

Do a google on win10 metered connection.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

That's not a message Comcast would send you. Are you on a mobile device?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Metered Data