Community Forum

McAfee Refuses to Download

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

McAfee Refuses to Download

I have attempted to install McAfee security suite many times.  Each and every time the download manager downloads and runs and begins "Downloading McAfee programs."  When the download reaches 19049 MBytes the download stops and I get Download error:87.  Alternatively the download fails to begin and I get Download error:12152

Any ideas?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: McAfee Refuses to Download

I know this is an older post...but since nobody else responded, how about this link to an FAQ:

(Realizing the OP may not return, since they posted a week ago without a response.)
Regular Visitor

Re: McAfee Refuses to Download error 12152

This error is usually caused when Genealogy Browser is denied access to the Internet by personal firewall software. In order to run Genealogy Browser, you must allow it permission through any personal firewall software that you are running. For Norton Internet Security users: Please follow the steps below in order to allow Genealogy Browser access to the Internet: 1. Open Norton Internet Security and click on Personal Firewall. 2. Click on Configure (If you are running NIS 2003, skip this step.) 3. Click on the Programs tab. 4. Change the policy for any programs labeled “OneGreatFamily Genealogy Browser” or “Z.exe” to “Permit All.” 5. Click on OK. For McAfee Security Center users: If you are using McAfee Security Center, please follow these steps in order to allow Genealogy Browser access to the Internet. 1. Open McAfee Security Center and click on Personal Firewall. (If you are not sure how to open McAfee, double click on the red or black box with the white M in it near the clock in your system tray.) 2. Under “I want to...” click on “view the firewall summary.” 3. In the new window that appears, under Internet Applications, change the permissions settings to “Allow full access” for any programs labeled OneGreatFamily® Genealogy Browser or Z.EXE.
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error and i only have windows firewall so i disabled it and i still can't download. Anything else that might be causeing this. My whole problem started after a update today that said i had to reinstall so i removed the program in add and remove and also used McAfee removal tool. But now it won't let me install i get the download error 12152 and says try to install again and says it again.
New Poster

Same problem and error for me.  Compaq Presario notebook, WinXP.  No other virus or spyware programs.  Win firewall off.  Ran kaspersky and found nothing.

Frequent Visitor

problem fixed this morning must have been a problem on comcast server side. Installed fine with no problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

ebracr wrote:
problem fixed this morning must have been a problem on comcast server side. Installed fine with no problem.

I don't think so. Comcast don't host the software, so it might have been a problem on McAfee's site, but not Comcast servers.

Valued Contributor

The people I have helped in the past that could not get McAfee to download usually had a 1 or 2 files from a prior security program, or when there was a program left in the computer from a previous download of McAfee. McAfee usually will not download if there is any type of security software (virus software) on the computer...... at least in my history of dealing with it....

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Photobucket
New Poster

I DOWNLOAD SECURITY PROTECTION, i DO NOT A REPORT. PLEASE HELP ME TO BE ABLE TO CHECK IF MY COMPUTER IS FULLY PROTECTED    THANKS
Problem Solver

Ann seems to be asking for anti-malware tool advice.

Malware comes in so many forms that multiple, overlapping tools and procedures are needed to maximize your protection.  I would recommend that you install, update, and run all of these useful protector/blocker and scanner/cleaner Anti-malware tools and Procedures. <- clickable link