Community Forum

Mbps

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Mbps

How can I find out if I am recieving the Blast Mbps?  They just recently upgraded everyones Mbps and the Blast has increased to 250 Mbps downloads.  I asked a tech about a year ago on the phone and she said that there is no guarrantee that I was receiving 115 Mbps download and that is could go as low as 54 Mbps.  So why are we ( everyone that has Blast) paying that extra $18.00 a month if we are not getting it whenever I access the internet?

Expert

Re: Mbps

Did you go there with a computer that is hardwired directly to the modem (not WiF) ?

Test here too: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

EG,

Yes, I used my desk top computer that is directly hard wired.  I also just went to the dsl speed report that you just suggested. I ran the test four times and each one came in very close to my first legacy test.  I have already checked to see if my modem is an updated faster modem , which it is.  I think maybe the next step might be to do a total shut down of the computer and modem so they both have a rest for five minues , ha ha.  Would you suggest the same thing?  And again, the legacy speed test site, is it a sales pitch gimmick?  But of course, the dsl speed test site was also the same, wanting me to down load the search encrypt.

Thanks for responding

Expert

@coolju wrote:

And again, the legacy speed test site, is it a sales pitch gimmick?  But of course, the dsl speed test site was also the same, 

Try even more sites and compare. If they are all low then wouldn't your comment about their in house test site be an assertion / opinion ? Modem make and model number for giggles ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

EG,

Thanks.  Tech is arriving onTuesday to switch out my modem and check my incoming cables. 

Thanks for responding

Expert

Guess that you don't want to tell us the make and model number of the modem.. Good luck with the tech visit ! Post back with how things turn out.

New Poster

The tech switched out my modem and I'm up to speed.  Thanks for your time.

Expert

Thanks for the update !