Community Forum

Macros

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Macros

Closing a four year old thread.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

So, I am new to this forum and was wondering the same thing.  It sounds like macros are useful for power users that provide answers to FAQ.  Thanks for the information.

Linda Spreeman, Mom and Grandmother
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info on Macros.  I was kind of hoping that they had their own macro language.

Gold Problem Solver

Don't worry about the Username- We know you have been working with Larry to get it changed.  I am sure it will get fixed soon. FYI- The software has never allowed a User to change their own Screen name in the past either.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Oh I see.  I was curious if they did anything programatically or do they accept html?

I apologize for my forumID. I know it's inappropriate but the current software will not allow me to change it. ComcastLarry is working on it and hopefully will be able to resolve the problem shortly.

Gold Problem Solver

butthole wrote:

Under settings there is a tab called macros.  How can I learn more about this?

Are you asking what a macro is,or how to use macros in the Forums? If the later, I use macros as a fast method of posting information on a given topic instead of having to retype it in a post.  I just click on my list of macros on the Macro drop-down and can paste the information right into the post. 

For example:  I have macros created for Email Limits, How to set up an Email filter, and various topics like that. as well as links to other websites,etc.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Macros

Under settings there is a tab called macros.  How can I learn more about this?