Community Forum

Macromedia Flash

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Macromedia Flash

13 year old thread closed.

Frequent Visitor

Louise:
Maybe you should take Flash out of the
web page entirely.

I just don't understand why companies insist on being
"Fancy" at the risk of pissing off allot of people.
it's not hard to just have nice, small, plane old
graphical buttons.
Not applicable

Try uninstalling your current Flash Player first by doing the following.

Go to this page: http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ and get the second Uninstaller from the bottom of the Windows section (last one is for shockwave).

After you uninstall, reboot.

Then go to this page: http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash and click the Install Now button.

Reboot again, and you should be good to go. This has worked for me in the past when I have had problems getting rid of, or upgrading the Flash Player.
New Poster

I have tried all the Macromedia troubleshooting steps, but have yet to have it successfully upgrade to Flash 6.0.79.0. The upgrade indicates that the installation is complete and shows a Flash logo graphic, but the version remains at 5.0.44.0. When I attempt to install the standalone and licensed intranet Flash versions, I receive Page Cannot Be Displayed messages. But, today, the home page does reflect the greeting and correct city weather.
Not applicable

Try http://www.macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/ This will detect which flashplayer you currently have and offer to update to the latest version. There should be no problem with Flashplayer 6 and Internet Explorer. If you're still having a problem, please post again.

Also, try again to change your location for the weather on the homepage. Go to add/edit locations and enter your city or zip code. We had a short outage today that has been fixed.
New Poster

Macromedia Flash

For several days, I have been unsuccessful in upgrading Macromedia Flash 5.0.44.0 to 6.0.79.0 (Win XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0.2800.1106 SP1). The Comcast home page indicates Flash is required (indicates About Flash 5 when right clicking) and the current Internet Explorer is recommended. In reviewing the system requirements of Flash 6 on the Macromedia site, it indicates that it plays only on the following: Compuserve 7 (2000 & XP only), AOL 7, Mozilla 1.0 or later, and Opera 6. I prefer to properly view my home page and brouse web sites with Internet Explorer. Also, now when I sign in to the home page, it displays weather for Philadelphia (I'm on the west coast)and the personal greeting is missing. Can Flash be upgraded to 6.0.79.0 on Win XP/IE?