Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Lost inbox emails.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Lost inbox emails.

I had about 30 notes in my inbox on my comcast.net email account but now only about 8 are in queue. I did not delete them and they don't reside in any of my other file folders. How do I recover these emails? Thx

Expert

Re: Lost inbox emails.

If you are still on the old email format, check your deletion schedules to make sure they are set the way you want them. From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email, and look about halfway down the list to "Email Deletion Schedules". If it's not that, then as a precaution I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong. There are no editable deletion schedules in the new format.

Also, do you have another device like a smartphone or tablet with the account enabled on it? If so it may be downloading and then deleting the messages from the server. Check all the settings in it to see if that's what's going on.