Community Forum

Lost email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Lost email

Big thanks to all those who have replied to this initial post, most helpful.  I have found the email in my client (smartphone) but see no settings (I have 'delete from server' set to 'never' to imply that my mail program would have deleted email from Comcast's Xfinity Connect.  This is the second time - long gaps in between.  Am restoring new instance of  in smartphone and changing passwords.  Thanks again.

Gold Problem Solver

mscippa wrote: I have lost email between 1/24 and 3/17. ...

Most often email disappears from Comcast's "Xfinity Connect" webmail Inbox because an email program (ex: Outlook, Mac Mail) or mobile device (smartphone, tablet) using the POP protocol downloads the mail and removes it from the server.

Check all mobile devices and email programs on all computers. The missing mail may be in the Inbox of one of these. If necessary, change the Comcast password for the affected userID to prevent mail from being removed. You can change your password in "My Account" ( https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UserSettings/ ) under "Users & Preferences" / (username) / "Basic Settings" / Username / "Change password". Once you identify the offending device or program, change its settings to "Leave a copy on the server", and make sure that a "Delete after xxx days" or similar setting is not active.

The "Email Deletion Schedule" settings in Xfinity Connect do not protect messages from being removed by email programs or mobile devices.

Expert

Check your deletion schedules to make sure they are set the way you want them. From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email, and look about halfway down the list to "Email Deletion Schedules". If it's not that, then as a precaution I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.  If it's not that, call Comcast security and ask then to look at your account--------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

Lost email

I have lost email between 1/24 and 3/17.  I did not delete.  All Email between 1/24 and 3/17 has disappeared.  Anyway to restore?