Community Forum

Lose connection on Google Wifi

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Lose connection on Google Wifi

I just got Google WiFi Mesh system. I set it up and everything works fine and I have super speeds. But here is my issue. I have my Comcast Router and the main Google Wifi point on my upstairs bedrooms. I have another Point about 25 feet away on my 1st floor (living room) and I have a 3rd point about 30 feet away in my home office in my basement. As I said upon initial set up everything works ok except google wifi does not find my IPv6. IPv4 works fine. The second issue is after a few hours I lose internet on my living room and basement. I then reset to factory condition and reinstall the Mesh points and everything works fine again for a few hours. This is very frustrating. I know other people who have the same set up and it works great. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Expert

Re: Lose connection on Google Wifi

@billybob5022 wrote:

I have my Comcast Router and the main Google Wifi point on my upstairs bedrooms. 

Just to make sure, did you set your Comcast gateway to Bridge Mode after you hooked up the Google WiFi router? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!