Community Forum

Lesson Learned on MoCA and Cable TV Set Top Boxes not Working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Lesson Learned on MoCA and Cable TV Set Top Boxes not Working

I thought my recent lesson learned might be helpfult to others.   Briefly, upgraded my Xfinity DVR and two HD settop boxes.  A couple days later, got my new gateway TG1682G.  Had (and still having) trouble with Wifi printer connecting.  In troubleshooting that on my own, I enabled MoCA.  Next day tried to watch TV on one of the HD settop boxes and it wouldn't get a signal.  After an hour with tech support, decided to schedule technician.  But I started thinking was there a connection between new Gateway and the settop boxes????  Disabled Gateway and tvs worked!  Enabled Gateway, tvs did not work.  Then remembered I enabled MoCA, not knowing what the h*ll I was doing.  Maybe that was the problem?  Disabled MoCA, restarted everything - TVs work fine, internet fine, phone fine.  So the lesson learned is, don't screw with the settings on the Gateway unless you know what you are doing!