Community Forum

Less than half the speed of what I am paying for.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Less than half the speed of what I am paying for.

Guess you could look at an 10/100/1000 ethernet USB adapter, if you have a USB 3 port. (not sure it would work as well with USB 2). Or look into a better faster ac wireless network. (router and  wireless adapter)

New Poster

Thanks. I have yet to see anything in the 80 mbps. (except when i connect to the modem directly)

Silver Problem Solver

No worries, it's sometimes overlooked. Best you'll get is 95Mbps wired then.

New Poster

Thanks for replying. It has a 10/100 Mbps.

Silver Problem Solver

Does your laptop have a 10/100/1000 gigabit NIC?

New Poster

Less than half the speed of what I am paying for.

I hope you guys can help me solve consistent slow speed. I have the 150mbps package but get the following:

1. Laptop (2017) connected directly to modem SB6183 via a CAT6 short cable- download speed=80-88 mbps. Upload= 5-7 mbps

2. Laptop (2017) connected directly to Ubiquiti edgerouter x - download= 75-78 mbps.

3. Wifi speads= 55-60 mbps.

4. Modem was reset to factory defaults as well.

4. The upload speeds appear to be constant at 5-9 mbps.

Note: I have conducted the above exercise in an organised manner including swapping out cables. I contacted Comcast tech support twice this morning. Once to verify MAC address and ping the modem. The second time around I was told that I needed to get a comcast router/modem and if I get similar results then they will send out a tech.

Would like to know what your thoughts are and do you have any suggestions? Thanks.