Community Forum

Latency and Jitter issues with SB8200

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Latency and Jitter issues with SB8200

My bandwidth numbers are fine (around 300...I have the 250 service at the moment), but I do a lot of videoconferencing and I get very frequent pauses and the the video client will back the video quality down from HD to 320 x 160 very often and still has issues.   If I use ping plotter and plot the pings to the first router outside my house (first entry in traceroute) I get latency spikes every 2-4 minutes.   I called in and they tried all the remote things they can do and booked an appointment today at 1-3.  At 15 minutes to 3 they called to reschedule, so now I have to wait until Monday,   I would like ot have an idea if the numbers from the SB8200 (power SNR) are outside of norm, so I can get the tech going.  Can someone take a look and let me know?   Also posting the ping plot so you can see the spikes.

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 3.47.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 3.47.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 3.47.32 PM.png
Expert

Re: Latency and Jitter issues with SB8200

The downstream power levels are higher than expected, this could be a sign of faulty wiring or signal ingress into the cable lines. You might want to look at this thread for more tips on how to fix the problem. You could also post the Event Log from your modem in case something else is happening on that end. 

Since you have a tech coming over, he or she will be in a better position to tell where the problem might lie. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!