Community Forum

Lag spikes in the evening leading to repeated disconnects.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Lag spikes in the evening leading to repeated disconnects.

I recently invested in a wired ethernet connection for my gaming PC, and that so far has solved the issue. I have not had a single lag spike since using a wired connection for about 4 days now. I got a 100ft flat cable for about 20 bucks on amazon. It even came with wall clips for cable management. Best 20 bucks I've spent in 2018. 

Diamond Problem Solver
New Poster

Re: Lag spikes in the evening leading to repeated disconnects.

I've been getting random outages for a few seconds several times a time/night. Sometimes the connection will slow down to the speeds of the picture below then pick back up less than a minute later. Usually, my connection comes back fairly quickly, but it's down just long enough to kick me from whatever game I'm playing or pause a show I'm watching. It's become extremely bothersome. It started a couple months ago, and it seems that it has gotten worse.

Jan 22nd 2018.PNG

New Poster

Lag spikes in the evening leading to repeated disconnects.

Anyone else have severe lag spikes in the evening to late night? My connection is great morning and early afternoon, but from maybe 1700 to 0000 ill get these lag spikes that reduce my speed to 5 kbs? They happen for only 2-3 seconds and then my connection goes right back up to 10.0 mbs. It's very frusterating being kicked from online games 4-5 times an hour during these evening times when I am able to play with friends.