Community Forum

LAN wired connection for Comcast technicolor TC8305C 3-in-one

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

LAN wired connection for Comcast technicolor TC8305C 3-in-one

It appears that I am not getting a LAN connection into this Xfinity 3inone but only able to connect via wifi.

Other users seem to verify this as well.  Can a BYOD router be used instead?  

Any other recommendation/solution as their are too many wifi networks in vicinity to receive a good signal from the Technicolor 3-in-one

Thank you,

Expert

Re: LAN wired connection for Comcast technicolor TC8305C 3-in-one

Have you tried using any other LAN / ethernet ports ? If so, try resetting it back to factory defaults by depressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Did try all LAN/ethernet ports with no luck.

This Technicolot does not have reset button, but rather small hole at top of unit in back.  Should I use paper clip or something similar to reset?

Thank you

Highlighted
Expert

Yes. Hold it in for 30 seconds.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

One user has a secure vpn like connection to their company using the wifi network from the 3-in-one.  Not sure how that works as I always used a wired LAN connection with authentication.

Will reverting to factory reset just bacically make them reinput some parameters or could it be a bigger deal?

Sorry for all of the followup questions.  

I just don't want to come away as the bad guy who tried to provide better connectivity and speeds and took away someones access.

Thanks,

Expert

Doing so can sometimes clear up some weird firmware issues / glitches but it's not guaranteed to work. YMMV. Be advised that a full factory reset to defaults will wipe out any custom settings / passwords / changes that have been made and they will need to be re-entered from scratch.