Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Keep getting pop-up for sugar.swf when I open or close a comcast email via the web

New Poster

Keep getting pop-up for sugar.swf when I open or close a comcast email via the web

Is the comcast email server hacked? Keep getting pop-up for sugar.swf when I open or close a comcast email via the web. It started this morning and it only happens when I comcast web mail. Updated my virus definitions and scanned the computer. It came up clean.

Email Expert

Re: Keep getting pop-up for sugar.swf when I open or close a comcast email via the we

Make sure the pop-up blocker in your browser is enabled.  As a test, try using a different browser to see if you can duplicate the problem that way.  Alternately, you could install the browser extension Adblock Plus.  It's quite effective for the most part.

https://adblockplus.org/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Keep getting pop-up for sugar.swf when I open or close a comcast email via the we

It happens in all browsers. It's not a pop-up ad. It thinks I'm trying to download the file and it asks if I want to open, save etc... Only happens from my comcast mail

sugar.jpg

Email Expert

Just a thought-------go into the privacy settings in Firefox and see if you can spot any cookies from that website, and delete them.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

So as best as I can tell it seems to only happen when the comcast ads to the right of my inbox fail to load. I'm now wondering if it is related.

Email Expert

That may be possible.  Go back into the Firefox settings and make sure you have 3rd party cookies disabled, and see if that changes anything.  On the issue of those ads to the side of the screen, you do have a certain amount of control over them.  Just click on "Ad Choices" at the bottom of the Xfinity homepage, or you can also access it through your "My Account" page.  You can restrict the types of ads, but not all of them.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation