Community Forum

Keep Email Backups on Xfinity Server?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Keep Email Backups on Xfinity Server?

I know there is a way to keep my emails backed up on the Xfinity server so I can access them online after I have downloaded them to my computer. But I am only seeing maybe the last week's worth of emails there. I know therre was a time when I had several month's worth of emails there. How do I reset it to keep them from further back than a week?

Expert

Re: Keep Email Backups on Xfinity Server?

Do you have the account enabled on another computer or mobile device using the POP3 protocol?  If so, it may be downloading the emails and then deleting them from the server when that device is used to check the email.  That is the default behavior for POP3.  So if it's that, you need to use IMAP instead, then everything will be synced across all  devices.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Keep Email Backups on Xfinity Server?

Thank you Latoque. I'm not sure if it's POP3 or IMAP. I had a Comcast person set me up with the email and I don't remember what they told me to do. I guess I will have to check with a Comcast tech rep and have them help me to change it.