Community Forum

Is this throttling?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Is this throttling?

I have the 300 blast package. I am connected to comcast gateway, wired to my PC , If i goto http://speedtest.xfinity.com/  i get this 356 Mbps . If i try any other speed test , its much slower between 35 and 100 Mbps . ( ill show results below) .   I have tried at various times of day and many locations . My speed is much slower . The only places it shows normal is xfinity branded speedtest and when i download a game through steam. I suspect throttling on certain ports that prevent me from getting my max speed. i have no issues until a few months ago when i signed up for the unlimited cap addon. Does Comcast throttle after a certain level? If im not gonna get 300 down, by pay for it .  Also , i have rebooted, factory reset the modem , spoken to the higher level support ( wireless something or other , not sure the title) and he was stumped too. This has been tested on two diffrent computers both hardlined into the router. 

Comcast.PNGspeedofme.PNGfast.PNG