Community Forum

Ipods

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ipods

Problem. Connected IPods worked fine for a week or so. Now do not work at all. I reconnected them no go. App says they are all online but they are not working. Using my Verizon connection now. Gateway works fine just no mobility. Any suggestions?
Official Employee

Re: Ipods

bethyo08 -- I was able to pull up your account & I do see that some devices are connecting successfully via your Pods. Since it sounds like you recently onboarded the Pods, I'd like to ask that you give your network some time to optimize.  If you're still experiencing issues with devices connecting, I can dig in some more & provide some suggestions on Pod placement.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m getting the same problem, please help. I get internet near my gateway but I’m not getting internet from my pods. It’s really frustrating that I spent the money and they worked fine but they stopped working yesterday. I got on a support call with an agent, and we got it working again by restarting the modem, however this only works for about 15 minute increments. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Official Employee

Viozze -- I'll take a look at your account.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you, I scheduled a technician to try and help, but if it can be resolved before that it would be greatly appreciated
New Poster

Spoke to a technician yesterday.  We reset main gateway but no luck.  Same problem as second responder, works AOK when very close to gateway computer but does not work in other rooms, and I have six Ipads in the house.  Also very hard to arrange/schedule someone to come by and review, which is generally always what I have to do if I have a problem with Xfinity.  The app says everything is working fine, all the devices show a strong connection to the wireless but no connection exists.  Very frustrating.  If not resolved in the next few days I will return them to the Xfinity store for a refund and look for a solution from another vender.  Hope Xfinity folks can resolve--it worked fine the first two weeks then nothing.   

Official Employee

bethyo08 & viozze -- We made a change on our end that we believe should help with the device connectivity issues you've described.  Can you please make sure all of your Pods are plugged in & showing as online in xFi & then let me know if you continue to experience this issue?