Community Forum

Iphone email problems with comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Iphone email problems with comcast

You asked that we post with the following info: REPLIES IN CAPS

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version? I HAVE NO IDEA. I JUST HAVE A COMCAST ADDRESS WITH A PROBLEM. I CAN RECEIVE BUT NOT REPLY TO EMAILS AT THAT ADDRESS. I ALSO CANNOT SEND AN EMAIL USING THE COMCAST ADDRESS. I HAVE TO CHANGE TO APPLE ADDRESS TO SEND AT ALL. 

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

I USE MAIL BY APPLE

Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?

I USE SAFARI AS BROWSER. NO I HAVE NOT CLEARED MY BROWSER CACHE. COMCAST TECH DID NOT SUGGEST. I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH BROWSER BUT WITH SENDING EMAILS. 

Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X. MAC OSX

Details of the problem you are having.FOR MORE THAN TWO MONTHS I HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM MENTIONED ABOVE. CANNOT SEND EMAIL WITH MY COMCAST ADDRESS. I USED TO BE ABLE TO AND DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. I HAVE SPENT A TOTAL OF MORE THAN 4 HOURS WORKING ON THIS. THREE TIMES WITH COMCAST HELP/MUCH RESETTING OF PASSWORDS, ETC. ONCE WITH APPLE. 

SEVERAL DAYS AGO WAS THE LAST PHONE CALL WITH COMCAST TECH. AFTER MORE THAN AN HOUR TRYING TO FIX THIS THE AGENT TOLD ME HE WAS REFERRING ME TO A HIGHER LEVEL TECH WITH TICKET # CR552711912. HE SAID THE TECH WOULD CALL ME. I HAVE RECEIVED NO CALL. I AM STILL UNABLE TO SEND WITH MY COMCAST EMAIL ADDRESS. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Iphone email problems with comcast

Re- check your serrings on your iPhone.

See this clickable link.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels,location&location=forum-boa...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Iphone email problems with comcast

cannot get comcast email on my iphone