Community Forum

Ip camera networking. HELP

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ip camera networking. HELP

Okay here is my question. I have xfinity wifi. We have a cabin at a different location upstate. And since we have a xfinity i can access the xfinitywifi hotspot anywhere...we have a xfinitywifi nearby our camper. I connected a computer to the xfinitywifi hotspot and then routed it through a asus router and am now sharing the connection with the rest of my cabin... im trying to set up a ip camera to monitor our cabin. I have forwarded the ports and everything through my asus router but for some reason i still cant manage to view the camera rometely. And when i checked the ports I forwarded on the internet its saging they are closed. Does anybody know what I can do to set up my ip camera to through the xfinitywifi?

Once again. I pullled a incoming public xfinitywifi signal into a laptop. Shared the internet connection through a asus r-n12 router and re-broadcasted the signal. How can i set up a ipcamera to be viewed remotely. The camera has a build in DDNS url and it fotwards to my external ip provided by the xfinity hotspot??? Can someone help?