Community Forum

Internet sppeds very slow at times in whole neighborhood

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Internet sppeds very slow at times in whole neighborhood

Internet speed intermittently very slow over the last couple of weeks, slow speed periods get longer and worse. Used to get easily 150 MBit down (have the 150 package), this morning it was 56 kbps (yes ...) and now it's about 8 MBit. Weird thing is that upload is mostly fine, between 10 and 25 or so MBit. Neighborhood in Bolingbrook.

Opened a ticket this week, CR740671035. Tech came out, changed wiring from street to house, and outside house to inside modem. Says it's not the inside wiring nor equipment, but there seems to be a problem with the lines in the neighborhood. Neighbor had exact same problem & ticket open, was going to go accross street once done with us. Tech said there was another team that can look at the lines and he wasn't sure when that would happen but thought this week. Because Internet was so slow this morning, called in and rep advised this seems to be set up for Nov. 4. That's pretty far out and also on a Saturday -- which sounds odd. So I am wondering if someone can please confirm this? Is there something else that I should do or say that helps XFinity troubleshoot the issue? 

Everybody was curteous & helpful and I don't feel I am getting the run around, but it is a bit frustrating to wait that long without getting any meaningful updates.