Community Forum

Internet speed issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Internet speed issues

Good Morning,

I currently was hooked up with Comcast Gigabit internet service. I have a Motorolal MB 8600 Modem and Asus 3150 Router. Yesterday at about 3:00 PM I was recieving 920+MBPS down hardwired. Now 4 hours later that evening I was struggling to get 150-200 MBPS down hardwired. I have attached screen shots and would like to see if anyone can help figure out why this is such a drastic change. Again today I did a speed test off Speedtest.net and still am only getting 180-250 MBPS down hardwired.  My modem is linked to my router and hardwired from the router to my Desktop pc. Keep in mind my WIFI is still blazing at an avg of 620mpbs.. Please help!

Expert

Re: Internet speed issues

Have you gone though the Troubleshooting guide to narrow down the problem? 

When you say 620 Mbps WiFi, do you mean a measured speed test over WiFi with a device like a laptop or smartphone? 

I have an ASUS RT-AC88U (AC3100) , which I really like, but I'm not aware of that particular model number you mentioned.

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@darkangelic wrote:

I have an ASUS RT-AC88U (AC3100) , which I really like, but I'm not aware of that particular model number you mentioned.

FWIW;

http://www.tmt.my/onlinestore/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9303

It's the alternate "AC" designation that is typically used.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

Do you have any QOS feature enabled in the router ?

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Expert

@EG wrote:

@darkangelic wrote:

FWIW;

http://www.tmt.my/onlinestore/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9303

It's the alternate "AC" designation that is typically used.

Weird. Not only is that the router (AC88U) I currently use, that site strangely describes it as a Wireless N, instead of a Wireless AC. 

Funny thing too, is that Amazon lists my router as an AC3100, and in fact ASUS themselves designate not just the AC88U as the AC3100, but also a variant, which doesn't have the 8 port switch and the fancy red trim. 

And strangely enough, I had considered buying the TP-Link Archer C3150 v2 (AC3150) instead for the lower cost, but I got sold on the AC88U's 8 port ethernet switch.

Really weird. Cat LOL

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Expert

"Weird" indeed ! 

New Poster

My fault it is a AC 3100 RT-AC88U, and the wifi on my smartphone is getting the 620+ off the speed test app from ookla. It is the hard wired connection which was doing fine at 920+ down yesterday but today and in the evening is struggling to make 180-200mbps down. I'm not sure what would have changed and why my wired connection would now be struggling? 

New Poster

No QoS features have been disabled from the install that happened yesterday... But still had the 920mbps down and 41mbps down. Just seems very odd to me that all of a sudden the wired connection dropped approx 700 mbps in the matter of a few hours...

Expert

@KB117 wrote:

No QoS features have been disabled from the install that happened yesterday... But still had the 920mbps down and 41mbps down. Just seems very odd to me that all of a sudden the wired connection dropped approx 700 mbps in the matter of a few hours...

Do you mean *enabled* or "disabled" ? If QOS is *enabled*, try disabling it.

New Poster

It is "disabled" 

@EG wrote:

@KB117 wrote:

@EG wrote:

@KB117 wrote:

@EG wrote:

@KB117 wrote:

@EG wrote:

@KB117 wrote:

It is "disabled"