Community Forum

Internet speed is terrible with my network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Internet speed is terrible with my network

I am paying for the blast but only get less than 30 mbps on the speedtest.xfinity.net which is unacceptable!

I seem to have my rented digital voice modem (XB3 Model DPC3941T DOCSIS 3.0) in the basement (hooked up there 10 years because thats where a phone line was coming in the house i guess)...this is strictly for my digital voice though.  My current wireless network however is on my 1st floor (i own the router and modem). I was told that that the rented modem in the basement is a good one and can be used for everything (my digital voice and a modem router combo).  Is there a way to bring my voice modem upstairs to use for everything and disconnect my owned router & modem?  What would i do with the phone line that is plugged into the voice modem? Do i have to connect an adaptor to it and somehow run like a 50 foot phone line into an upstairs roon where i want the modem to go? Somehwere where i can also plug it into an outlet, as well as near a cable outlet for the coaxial hookup?  This is so confusing to me and i can't seem to figure out why i have network issues, it's almost like the two modems i currently have in use are competing with eachother?

Any ideas?

Thanks so much! 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Internet speed is terrible with my network

What are you getting for the upload speed ?