Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Looks like a repeat of previous April-May 2018 problem, random speed changes. Beginning again this Friday afternoon, 8/10/18. Our internet has been mostly very slow, no TV, very slow to non-existent browsing. Today, Xfinity speed test showed quite fast for one test, then back to crawling (1.1Mbps Download/2.1Mbps Upload, and as high as 3.3Mbps Download/2.3Mbps Upload). Right now it's 2.5Mbps/1.6Mbps, has a hard time logging in to Comcast, pages often load with "This site can't be reached" and "login.comcast.net is currently unreachable" and "ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE". Totally similar to the previous experience, a few error messages are different. Like the first time, I can not login to my Arris gateway, it responds "User is blocked" in red letters. Help...
Solved! Go to Solution.
LOL, I can't login to the gateway (10.0.0.1), correct login/password results in "User is blocked". I have no problem looking into the gateway when internet speeds are normal. Just like last time, somewhere around 9 or 10 Mbps download, I can get in to the gateway. Current abysmal low speed, I can not.
Even after you reboot it? If the gateway keeps doing that, you might either want a factory reset (30-60 seconds press of the reset button on the back) or you might have to get it swapped out for a new one.
As an FYI. If you can't get the signal stats you may be able to get them from a phone rep if you call in.
Did a reset, same problem. Speed is currently 1.7down/0.2up. One other thing I noticed different from last time, a few of the URLs show "Not secure http:" that used to be "Secure https:" including the xfinity speed test site!
Can you access the archives showing my previous problem? Just curious.
Oops just read your post again. Gonna try another reset, this will be the third or fourth try in two days.
Now just get "This page isn’t working
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
What number would I call to talk to tech?
The gateway let me in after waiting a few minutes, I got a screen snip for you to reference. I notice the first power level is way lower than the others and did itn't used to be that low. However I was told by the local supervisor that 0db was actually the desirable level...
Just now did a speed test:
Internet speed back to normal, hope it stays that way. This the 25Mbps tier, nearly always excellent since they worked whatever magic back in May.
I spoke too soon, speed dropped like a rock. Hoping they can get it going reliably. One minute it's really good. Next minute, this:
It says no outages and my equipment is okay. I'll try another reset, but this is starting to seem so much like the problems of last April/May.
Ok, the internet speed has been good since last night. Only puzzling thing, some of the websites that used to show "https" (secure) now show "http" and connection is not secure. That includes the Xfinity Speedtest! My Juno email shows "https" but also says not secure, states also "weak encryption". Chrome and Firefox are doing this. So is this a new Windows update feature? Or maybe browser updates...?
Only puzzling thing, some of the websites that used to show "https" (secure) now show "http" and connection is not secure. That includes the Xfinity Speedtest!
I don't know what the problem is but FWIW, I now have the same thing with the Xfinity Speedtest site and some others. And this is with multiple browsers..
I see this has been moved to my previous thread that was considered "answered", which was supposedly due to an "unscheduled outage". This--four days later--is not an outage, according to Comcast. So I had posted it as a new problem, hoping to get it reconsidered.
All of our devices (using ethernet, 2.4Ghz, or 5Ghz) have the same problem, that sort of eliminates our computers/cellphones. Signal strength on the wi-fi devices is good.
Previous onsite work (April/May), IIRC 5 tech visits, they replaced coax and the Arris, splitters eliminated or upgraded where applicable. Lowest loss coax drop installed to my house from the pole. The splitter/amp (as I call it) on the pole was found to be an older model, and was replaced. After all that, my speed was still terrible. So I don't think it's my onsite equipment. Maybe I'm wrong, but all things considered, it took a higher level tech and a supervisor checking/verifying onsite, and something being done upstream to get my speed back. Lasted about 3 months.
Hello landers3, I'd like to run some test son your signal and your equipment to help get this issue taken care of. To better assist you, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".