Community Forum

Internet slows down, cuts in and out, or doesn't work at all on occasion.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Internet slows down, cuts in and out, or doesn't work at all on occasion.

Hello,

So my problem still persists. I've tried disconnecting the poor cable from the splitter, just leaving the good cable but still connected to splitter. I've tried directly connectingt he modem to the main cable that comes from the street( It is up in the attic that has high temperates due to being hot lately) and that was even worse for some reason. It was good for a couple days but today I've been working from home and it has disconnected quite a few times. Most of the time the connection is good, but it will drop low enough that it will boot me out of systems

modem levels new.PNG
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet slows down, cuts in and out, or doesn't work at all on occasion.

Hi @MattD616

Yes, removing the splitter and the old line altogether would be best practice. 

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help from the community, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Internet slows down, cuts in and out, or doesn't work at all on occasion.

So my internet connection has been very hit or miss. Sometimes it works fine other times it slows down, or it will cut in and out while I"m trying to work from home. I had a Comcast tech come out and he replaced an old splitter I had, but that didn't fix the issue. Other than that he said everything seemed fine. The splitter splits the cable into two different rooms. He said one of the wires is very old ( so I stopped using that one) and the other wire is fine ( the one I started using since he came). The problem has persisted however. Do you think having the splitter still connected to an older wire be causing the problem? even if it's not being used?
modem 1.png