Community Forum

*** Internet service interruptions - 10x per day

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

*** Internet service interruptions - 10x per day

My internet service has been going down at least 10 times per day.   I observed the problem started around the same time my speeds were increased from 75 to 100Mbps on 12/23/2017.  My modem shows these service interruptions as T3 timeouts - when the modem does not receive a response within a specified time from the CMTS to a RNG-REQ message, it reboots itself.  I have contacted Xfinity support twice but their Tier-1 staff is limited in the services they can perform.  The first time they performed a "health check" and of course everything looked fine from their end.  The second time they suggested dispatching a tech but I am not convinced the problem is related to my home equipment.  If anyone reading this can provide expertise - PLEASE help.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: *** Internet service interruptions - 10x per day

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I logged a support call and had Xfinity support dispatched.  Turns out my 18-year-old cable running from the post to the house was just old.  They installed a new cable and not a single timeout since (knock on wood).  

Expert

Hope things hold up for you. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!