Community Forum

Internet drops twice a week for months now, around the same time, right when the offices close

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Internet drops twice a week for months now, around the same time, right when the offices close

Our internet has been dropping at around 11:30pm-12:30am CST about twice a week and will not come back up with self troubleshooting methods. We always have to call in the morning when they reopen to get it back up. About half of the agents can get it back up usually within a few minutes. Others offer an "escalation" and a callback within 2 hours. They mention something with a block in the boot file they constantly have to reset I guess. This is always only a temporary fix until it happens a few days later. No matter how many times I request a technician they say that since the line is working properly now(with the temporary fix) That there's no need to send one out, or they say I could pay for one to come out. It's frustrating. Is there a way to permanently fix this?
Screenshot_2018-09-29-02-07-17.png
Screenshot_2018-09-29-02-07-38.png
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Internet drops twice a week for months now, around the same time, right when the offices close

Personally i wonder if the upstream power is going out of tolerance temporarily. https://pickmymodem.com/signal-levels-docsis-3-03-1-cable-modem/

I had a problem not long ago where i would occasionally get dropped but it was pretty unpredictable.  2 things helped a lot with my upstream connection though it seemed to do virtually nothing for downstream. 1 was the tech that came out replaced the splitter i had, said the old one didnt support the right frequencies and then i also went out and connected the grounding block from the coax connector on the side of the house to the electrical meter which had a grounding connection on it. I am also later on going to buy a grounding rod, seems that is something my house should have but i  can't find any hint of one. Once i did this my upstream dropped from normal of 46-48bd to an average of 36-38.