Community Forum

Internet (and TV) randomly loses connectivity throughout the day

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Internet (and TV) randomly loses connectivity throughout the day

Hello Belgarath, I ran some tests on your signals and your equipment and I don't see anything in the area that is impacting your services. When you lose connection do you get any error message on your TV? Have you tried rebooting your modem when the signal drops, and if so does that clear up the issue? 

New Poster

Internet (and TV) randomly loses connectivity throughout the day

I've been having this problem ever since I upgraded to the gigabit tier in June.  Here is what is happening:

1) Randomly throughout the day (usually at about 10 minutes past the hour) my modem gets a T3/T4 timeout.  I then lose internet connectivity for about 5-10 minutes (sometimes longer) and the modem appears to reboot and then works again.

2) This SOMETIMES affects my X1 DVR and X1 boxes.  The picture will freeze and then a minute or two later catch up

3) My neighbor across the street seems to be having issues with his X1 doing the same think.  His issues seem to coincide in time with mine (they happen at the same time)

4) Comcast techs have been here multiple times to fix the problem, and no one has solved it.

5) I've had multiple calls with multiple tier 2 representatives no one has yet solved this issue.

Items we have tried to fix the issue:

1) New Cable Modem - I replaced my MB8600 with an SB8200 - no change

2) Replaced for 2 weeks with an XB6 Comcast owned modem - no change

3) Wiring - Cable ends replaced on all TV's and connections, Cable to Cable modem replaced.  Splitter replaced with Comcast supplied amplifier box. Terminators added to all unused cable ends.

4) Wiring - Cable ends outside of the house have been replaced.  Cable with kink in it was replaced

5) Signal levels checked multiple times by the techs.  They see no issues, but they've never been here when the problem happened.

I'm attaching screenshots of my modem pages. 

ETA: This occurs both on wired and wireless connections (since I always get asked that)

Cable1.pngCable2.pngCable3.jpg