Community Forum

Internet and Phone Frequently Disconnecting After Incoming Calls

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Internet and Phone Frequently Disconnecting After Incoming Calls

We have had no change in phone or internet equipment or service for many months (or longer?), but, suddenly, within the past week (or two?), when we get and finish with an incoming call, our internet and phone go down completely (affects both Ethernet and wireless connections...totally down) until the router reconnects itself. It doesn't happen with every phone call, but does happen with most. Today I was on the phone with someone (I had initiated the call) and I answered call waiting. When I was done with the call waiting call, it disconnected me (so I lost the call I was on). I work from home, so losing my internet connection and phone several times a day is especially maddening!

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who can help us out!

Expert

Re: Internet and Phone Frequently Disconnecting After Incoming Calls

Have you first tried powercycling / re-starting the device ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the device ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!