Community Forum

Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

Those are my own downstream singals at all times.

Expert

@tomlee4now,

Anytime you see upsidedown speeds (upload faster than download) it's an indication of a router issue. The first thing you should do is powercycle your equipment. See the troubleshooting guide.

If that does not resolve the issue:

If you have a separate router and modem, bypass the router and directly connect to the modem via ethernet. Powerecycle your modem every time you connect a new device to it. If your speeds are fine at the modem, reset your router. 

If you have a gateway (router/modem combo) reset the device back to factory settings. 

If you still need help, post your equipment details and signal levels (screenshots if possible) please. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

What type of modem do you have?

Go to this link and post your signals during the times where you are problems with your speed.
http://192.168.100.1/

Signals should be around 38 to 41dB. If it is any lower than that something is causing the problem.

New Poster

Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

My regular speeds are 80-100 MBps download and 14-15 MBps upload.

During the evening starting around 6-7pm and ending around 11-12am, when I actually use the net, my speeds drop drastically to 0.5-2.5 MBps download and 11.9 MBps upload. This is way off what Xfinity says my speeds shoudl be.

Also my latency will randomly spike from 14-30 to 120-300, which makes it so I can't play the online games I would like.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

What can I do?

Help!!

eveningspeed.jpg