Community Forum

Internet Speed Upgrade?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Internet Speed Upgrade?

I got an email a couple of weeks ago telling me that Xfinity increased my speeds from 10 to 25 mbps for free. I thought that was super! But I'm only running a download speeds ranging between 8 and 13 mbps, and upload speeds of between 2 and 3 mbps. But my main concern was if I can use the Xfinity hot spots now. The website says anyone who has a plan giving you 25 mbps should have access. Will I get access to this now, or because my plan is still called "Performance Starter" and hasn't updated in the account that I have 25 mbps will they not give it to me?

Thanks,

Hannah

Official Employee

Re: Internet Speed Upgrade?

Hi hharder. I can assist with troubleshooting your speed issue. Have you reset your modem to allow the new bootfile to install/? 

Also, regarding XFINITY Hotspots, you are correct in your assumption that you must subscribe to Performance Internet tier or higher to have access to the hotspots. I can help review your account for offers for our Performance internet if you would like to go over it. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!