Community Forum

Internet Data Usage plan outside of the areas listed

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Internet Data Usage plan outside of the areas listed

@sideshow83 wrote: ... It seems like they don't really want to actually say that no data plan means they aren't going to enforce the 1024 cap.

You hit the nail right on the head. In the past, in areas where the plan was not in effect, the Usage Meter page had a note that actually read something like "Enforcement of the data consumption threshold is currently suspended". Apparently they have since decided that was too clear, so now we have the "No, you don't have unlimited data. You just don't have a data plan" silliness.

Anyhow, as stated, enjoy while you can!

New Poster

This actually makes a lot of sense, thank you.  Talking to customer services they were stating that my limit was 1024, but I didn't have a data plan, they even asked me if I wanted to buy the unlimited package.  It seems like they don't really want to actually say that no data plan means they aren't going to enforce the 1024 cap.

Gold Problem Solver

@sideshow83 wrote: ... Does this mean my data is uncapped?

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-do-i-have-unlimited-plan-if-not-in-market-with-t.... Comcast's stance is that if you don't pay for Unlimited data, you don't have Unlimited data. But as a practical matter, "unlimited" and "no data plan" mean the same thing. Note that they reserve the right to apply a Data Plan to areas that do not currently have one whenever they wish.

Expert

The data plans are not currently enforced in the northeast. So in MA, you do not have a cap. Consume away my friend! Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Diamond Problem Solver

Yes.

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet Data Usage plan outside of the areas listed

I can't get a straight answer on this.  I have contacted customer service and they are useless.  They just regurgitate lines and can't answer what this site means.

I was under the impression that I had the 1024 GB limit., but then I went to this site:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-find-area

I am a customer in Massachusetts and it states I am not in the terabyte data plan.

I also went here:

http://dataplan.xfinity.com/

I typed in my zip code and received this message:

You do not have a data plan, but if you are interested in seeing your actual usage, sign in to My Account.

Does this mean my data is uncapped?