Community Forum

Internet Connection Drops

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Internet Connection Drops

For the last several weeks I have been experiencing random internet connection drops. I was told it was a problem with my equipment, so I replaced my router and modem with a new MG7540 Router/Modem combo and the connection drops still happen. I was then told by comcast support to try plugging the modem into a different power outlet, check the coax cable, remove the splitter, which I did all the above but the problem still persists. It happens on every device connected, whether it be wired or wireless. I have had a tech person come out and check everything inside and out and everything tested ok. The tech guy said that there have been a lot of complaints in my neighborhood for the last several weeks and that I should document every time our internet connection drops. So I wrote a script to continually ping google.com and if the request fails to send a tracert and log the results. I've been running this for about a day and half and have documented 16 times our internet has dropped. I am getting really frustrated with no resolution of this issue and may be forced to cancel my contract early in order for consistent and reliable service. Please help.

Diamond Problem Solver
New Poster

Re: Internet Connection Drops

I have litererally tried every single one of these items plus changing out my equipment.

Official Employee

Re: Internet Connection Drops

Hi faircustomer, I ran some tests on your modem and your signal coming from the plant and I show everything is working properly and your signal is near perfection. Are you still having issues with your connection? If so please reach back out to me here. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!